You might think that the federal R&D grant you just received is “free money,” but your grant comes with strings attached.
To help you understand the rules you must follow, we’ve created a definitive whitepaper - “Understanding the Strings Attached to Your Grant Award.”
- The basics of audit oversight
- Two types of audits to which all grants and similar awards are subject
- OMB A-133 audit requirements for NIH grants
- DoE program-specific audit requirements
- Common findings of OMB A-133 and DoE audits
- Responsibility for monitoring subcontractor work
- Consultant invoice requirements
- Cost sharing allocation
- Government caps on project compensation
- Overbilling the government through the overdrawing of funds
- Common audit findings
- How to avoid “Inadvertent Fraud?”
This information is designed to help you understand the audit requirements for government grants so you can avoid surprises.
To download “Understanding the Strings Attached to Your Grant Award,” fill out the form on this page.